Are you looking for an Australian work visa that can also let you live permanently here? There are, in fact, several options available. One of them is the Visa Subclass 186. Here we discuss all the requirements, types, and benefits of this visa.
What Is Visa Subclass 186?
Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 is a work visa that will allow you to work in Australia and live permanently. This visa is not for everyone, and specific independent skilled workers can be granted this visa. This visa’s first and foremost requirement is to have completed a skills assessment and then get the proper nomination from an authorized employer in Australia. As we have stated earlier, this visa has three separate streams, and each stream requires meeting all the stream-specific requirements to become eligible.
What Are The Different Visa Subclass 186 Streams?
The three streams under Visa Subclass 186 are – the Direct Entry (DE) Stream, the Temporary Residence Transition Stream, and the Agreement Stream. Although each stream has a few distinct requirements to be met, there are some general Visa Subclass 186 requirements, too. Details of these streams are given here.
Direct Entry Stream for Visa Subclass 186
If you have never been employed in any Australian sector or have worked for a brief period, you can apply for this visa. Well, for applying, you must lodge your application outside Australia. While applying, you can add your family members to your visa application. These family members include your partner or spouse and your or your partner’s dependent child.
For the main applicant, the total cost stands as AUD 4045. The nomination application fee for the employer will be AUD 540. The employer should pay it. In addition, they must pay the SAF Levy or the Skilling Australian Fund Levy. The processing time for the visa is typically 5 to 15 months.
Temporary Residence Transition Stream for Visa Subclass 186
Unlike the DE stream, there are some considerations for the Temporary Residence Transition Stream application. Like, no matter where you are, inside or outside Australia, you can lodge your application. You can apply for this stream if you have previously held the Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa Subclass 457. However, if someone holds this Visa 457 but does not qualify for this Stream under Visa 186, he or she can apply for the DE stream.
Family members like partners or spouses and dependent children can be included in the visa application, the cost remaining the same for the visa application.
The employer here should have a business that is still operating and sponsor the applicant. Here also, the employer has to pay the necessary SAF Levy. Remember that the essential criteria for this stream are that you should have held a Temporary Visa 457 or any Bridging Visa A, B, or C related to it.
Labour Agreement Stream for Visa Subclass 186
Apart from getting the essential nomination from an approved employer, you should also sign a Labour Agreement to become eligible for this stream. The employer should own and run a qualified business and hold a current Labour Agreement with the employee. For the Labour Agreement stream, too, you should maintain a Temporary Visa Subclass 457.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements For Visa Subclass 186?
Here we present some of the general 186 Visa conditions that you have to fulfill at the time of visa application.
- The occupation for which the employer has nominated you should be present on the Skilled Occupations List.
- The minimum amount of work experience required is 3 years.
- If you want to apply for the DE stream, you must get a positive Skills Assessment.
- Temporary Visa Subclass 457 is mandatory for both Temporary Residence Transition Stream and Labour Agreement Stream. You can apply for the DE Stream too while holding this visa but in case of an exemption.
- A Labour Agreement is required with the employer (and vice versa) for applying to the Labour Agreement stream.
- A registered Australian employer who owns and runs an eligible business should nominate you.
- You must be 45 years of age.
- You have to meet all the health and character requirements.
- English language proficiency skills are also necessary, like other visas.
How Can You Apply for Visa Subclass 186?
A 6-step process must be followed.
- First, you should check whether you are satisfying all the general visa conditions and the specific requirements for the stream you are applying for.
- Getting the employer’s nomination should be your next stop. This nomination should be lodged with the Department of Home Affairs before you install your own application. Remember that you have to apply within six months of the nomination.
- You should take a detailed look at the document checklist that you can find on the Department’s website. You should then collect all the documents accordingly.
- Now it is time to apply online. Pay the visa application fee with a credit card.
- Do not expect to get the visa within days. Sometimes it may take several months.
- Once you receive it, you can start working in Australia.
For any help at any stage, Immigration Agent Perth can help you by providing professional assistance to the top immigration agents.
What Benefits Does This Visa Subclass 186 Offer?
This visa offers several benefits not only to you but also to your family members.
- First of all, it will allow you to permanently stay in this beautiful country and work in your desired sector.
- It will also help you if you want to study in any Australian university.
- You can enroll in Medicare, which is the national health care scheme of Australia. It will cover substantial medical expenses.
- After a certain period, you can become an Australian citizen.
- If your relatives want to come to Australia and stay, you can sponsor them.
- You will have complete freedom to travel within Australia and abroad.
Immigration Agent Perth Can Help You for Visa Subclass 186
As a visa application process involves so many verifications and document inclusions, you may take help from a registered migration agent from Perth, WA. We have a team of skilled Immigration Agents Perth, who will guide you throughout the process right from the onset to the final dénouement.
I am an SEO Proffesional