Activity for the summer on a seaside theme. Who says summer, says sea! For this reason, the summer holidays are usually this annual event which one awaits with the greatest impatience. But apart from being the catalyst for unforgettable experiences, the stay by the sea inspires in adults, teenagers, and especially children the desire to tinker. So to help you better recycle all the little treasures picked up on the beach or to materialize your love for the sea, find below the best idea of manual activity on the seaside theme among several super original DIY projects and cool drawings.
An octopus made from a recycled cardboard plate – a creative and fun activity for little toddlers
- Cardboard plate
- Acrylic paint
- Cut the newspaper picture in the share and perforate the cut edge to make a frieze of holes.
- Then, repaint the half plate with acrylic paint.
- Now cut pretty long strips of tape from the roll of tape, pass through each hole, and tie. Either staple or attach the ribbons using glue.
- Then take a felt-tip pen, paint a mouth and eyes, or substitute them with moving eyes.
- Finally, drill two additional holes at the top and pass a ribbon through to hang the creations.
A salt dough with the sand recipe to mimic the beach – vacation-inspired manual activity idea
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 1/2 cup sand
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 (1 1/2) cups boiling water
- First, mix the dry ingredients, including the sand, in a bowl.
- Then add coconut oil and a cup of boiling water.
- Stir the mixture well and if necessary, add more water until you get the right consistency.
- Once the mixture has cooled, transport it to a work surface and knead.
- Roll out the dough and decorate with tiny “treasures” picked up by the sea and other thematic decorations – figurines of sea creatures, rhinestones, etc.
Mermaid in recycled toilet paper roll – easy manual activity in the paper for the summer
- Colored paper (various colors)
- Toilet paper roll
- Silver felt-tip pen
- Black felt-tip pen
- Pink rhinestones to adorn the mermaid’s hair (optional)
- Cut a strip of fuchsia color for the body of your mermaid and then a tail pattern in the same color of paper. Draw a scale pattern on it.
- Then, cut a trapezoid out of green paper for your mermaid’s upper body.
- Cut four or more strips for the mermaid’s hair and another wavy strip for the head.
- Have all the items attached to the toilet paper roll to make your mermaid, except the hair.
- Include eyes and mouth in lines drawn with a felt-tip pen.
- Continue by attaching the 4 strips of yellow paper for the hair, adorned with a rhinestone.
- Finally, have the mermaid’s tail tied.
Seaside patterned photo frame – DIY idea in kindergarten to immortalize summer memories
- Glitter glue
- Assorted seashells
- Wood photo frame
- First, remove the glass and the back of the photo frame so that it is easier to decorate. Take out the decorations and choose a few pretty copies to decorate your frame.
- Use glitter glue to attach the seaside decorations to the wood frame. Using the same glues, paint scrolls to decorate the space between the ornaments.
- Leave to dry overnight, and the next day, replace the glass and add a holiday photo.
Small sailboats made from recycled corks – a manual activity 3-5 years as easy as pie
- Cork stoppers
- Elastic bands
- Scrapbooking paper
- To make your boat, assemble a few corks using a toothpick, or use a rubber band.
- To then make the sail, pass a toothpick through a triangle of colored paper.
- Finally, stick the toothpick in a cap, and voila, it’s that easy.
Great idea what to do with seashells collected on the beach – painted seashells with mandala effect
- Seashells (collected or kit purchased online)
- 3d paintings kit
- White acrylic paint (optional)
- If desired, start by repainting the seashells with white acrylic paint to create an even white background for your decoration. Otherwise, paint each seashell in layers of 3D paint to create a rainbow pattern. Repeat several times as desired to make the colors more intense.
- Directly paint various 3D mandala effect patterns on the seashells to make them more attractive.
Make a terrarium on the “seaside” theme – a manual activity for 10-12-year-olds
- Glass pot
- Chalk blue color
- Black marker
- White sand
- Indelible felt-tip pen
- Turquoise color DIY paint
- Thin hemp rope
- Wood decorative label
- First, make the base of the terrarium. For this purpose, spread the sand and then place the chalk in the middle. Roll the blue chalk with the palm of your hand to pulverize it. Continue until the sand turns blue.
- Then, introduce the blue sand (imitating the sea) into the glass jar using a funnel. Continue with a layer of natural sand at the top. Finish by placing some beautiful seashells there.
- Paint the wooden figurine for the label in blue and note with an indelible stamp the place and date of the beach visit. Secure to the glass jar using hemp twine wrapped around the neck.
Also Read: Must Know E-Commerce Mobile App Development