Do you ever wonder how some people manage to have flexible bodies? Do you wish to know the secret behind people who stretch at any angle effortlessly? Well, the secret is consistency. People with flexible bodies are consistent in their workout routines. And they do not follow any workout regime just because they fancy it. Instead, they concentrate on stretching exercises to increase flexibility. Some people also claim that stretching exercises treated even their eating disorders in the process.
Let’s explore those exercises that you can do to make your body super flexible:
Standing Hamstring Stretch
Here is how you do this work out:
- Stand straight and put your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees a bit and keep your arms by your sides.
- Start bending forward and exhale when you do that. Lower your head in the direction of the floor while keeping your head, shoulders and neck relaxed.
- Next, you should wrap your arms around your legs from the backside. Stay in this posture for anything between 45 seconds and 2 minutes.
- Bend your knees and after doing this you would want to roll back to your standing position but slowly.
- Stand straight and make sure that your feet are hip-width apart.
- While you exhale, hinge at your hips and start lowering your head towards the floor.
- Place your palms on the floor.
- Next, start stepping back with your feet while keeping your spine neutral. Apart from that, your head should be in line with your arms.
Deep Lunge and Twist
Many people find this workout routine a bit tough, but if you give it a try you would get used to doing it:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Take the largest step forward that you possibly could with your right foot.
- Bend the same knee (right) and drop into a lunge position. However, make sure that you keep your left leg as straight as is possible. With just your toes on the ground, doing this step would make you feel a stretch in your left thigh.
- After this, you should keep your right hand on the floor and start twisting your upper body in the right direction. While doing so, you should raise your right arm towards the ceiling as well.
- Hold yourself in this position for anywhere between thirty seconds and two minutes.
- Repeat the same steps for the other side.
This exercise is one of the most relaxed ones when it comes to stretching exercises. It is also like a relaxed yoga posture. Here is how to do it:
- Sit on the floor and extend both your legs in front of yourself.
- Cross the left leg over the right one and put your left foot on the floor (flat).
- Keep your left hand behind your body (on the floor).
- Following this, keep your right elbow on your left knee.
- Next, press your left leg towards the right side while you twist your torso.
- If you feel that the last step is causing discomfort, then you should remove the twist part.
Figure Four Stretch
- Lie on your back and make sure that your feet are placed flat on the floor.
- Following this, you should cross your left foot over your right quad.
- Slowly start lifting your right leg from the floor.
- Then, grab the back of your right leg and pull it towards your chest.
- When you feel that you have reached the level of comfortable stretch, stop right there.
- Hold yourself in this position for any time between 30 seconds and 2 minutes.
- Switch to the other side and repeat the same steps.
- Start on all fours for this workout.
- Then slide your knees wider than your shoulders’ width.
- Next, turn the toes out and try to rest the inner edge of your feet on the floor.
- While doing all this, see that your legs are maintaining a 90-degree angle.
- Push your hips towards your heels.
- Hold in this position for around 30 seconds to 2 minutes until you start feeling the pain of the stretch.
Other than all these exercises, you can also make walking, running, and cycling a part of your daily routine. You would be amazed to learn the benefits of running and all the other exercises that aim at increasing your stamina. So, if you are indulging in any such workouts before the stretching exercises, they will be of great help to you. Remember, stretching exercises are all about having super great stamina!
Related Article: Health tips to feel good